10. Calculate turkey cooking time and temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb. turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
How long should an 11 lb turkey cook?
- 4 to 8 pounds (breast only): 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours.
- 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours.
- 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours.
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours.
- 18 to 20 pounds: 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
How long does it take to cook a 11.2 pound turkey?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
Does it take to cook an 11 pound turkey?
How Long Does It Take to Cook a Turkey?
|Turkey Weight||Cooking Time||Doneness Temperature|
|4-6 lb. breast||1 hr 30 mins–2 hrs 15 mins||165°F|
|6-8 lb. breast||2 hrs 15 mins–3 hrs 15 mins||165°F|
|8-12 lbs.||2 hrs 45 mins–3 hrs||170-175°F|
|12-14 lbs.||3 hrs–3 hrs 45 mins||170-175°F|
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long does it take to cook a 11 lb Butterball turkey?
Your turkey is done when meat thermometer reaches 180° F in thigh and 165° F in center of stuffing. Lift turkey onto platter and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. 7-9 lbs. / 4-4 1/2 hrs. 9-12 lbs. / 4 1/2-5 hrs.
How long do you cook a 11 lb Butterball turkey?
For an unstuffed turkey, Butterball recommended:
- 6-10 pounds: 1½ -2 hours.
- 10-18 pounds: 2-2½ hours.
- 18-22 pounds: 2½-3 hours.
- 22-24 pounds: 3-3½ hours.
How long do you cook a 12 lb turkey?
Calculate turkey cooking time and temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb. turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
Should I cover my turkey with foil?
Just make sure you uncover the lid about 30 minutes before the turkey’s done roasting so the skin has a chance to get crispy. … Covering the bird with foil mimics what a roaster lid would do — it traps steam and moistness so the turkey doesn’t dry out — all the while allowing the skin to crisp up.
How long should a turkey rest for?
Turkeys between 4-6kg should be rested for 1½ hours, and ones from 6-10kg can rest for two hours. Get your turkey out of the fridge 30 minutes before you cook it. You’ll get less shrinkage when it goes into a hot oven.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
While some recipes state that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, the meat is safe to consume once it reaches the 165-degree mark. Cooking the breasts past 165 can result in dry meat, but the dark meat can be cooked to 180.
What internal temperature should a turkey be cooked to?
You’ll need a meat thermometer to make sure you cook your turkey to the right temperature. Insert it close to, but not touching, the thigh bone. If it reads 180 degrees F in the thigh and 170 degrees F in the breast, it’s done and ready to serve.
How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 325?
How long to cook the turkey: temperatures and times
- For a 10–13-lb. turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 350° oven for 1 1/2–2 1/4 hr.
- For a 14–23-lb. turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 2–3 hr.
- For a 24–27-lb. …
- For a 28–30-lb turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hr.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Always cook your turkey until the skin is a light golden color. Cover your roasting pan with a lid or foil and cook covered for 2 hours (depending on size of your bird) and uncovered for the remaining time. … However, basting will not make your turkey moister, but it promotes even browning of the skin.
How often should you baste your turkey?
Most recipes will tell you to baste your turkey every thirty minutes. But our rule of thumb is actually every forty minutes, and here’s why. You don’t want to open the oven too many times, or else the whole bird will take much long to cook, and that’s a huge inconvenience.
How long does it take to cook a 10 pound turkey?
How Long to Cook a Turkey
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|10 to 12 lb||6 to 8||2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours|
|12 to 14 lb||8 to 10||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|